Last weekend Marshall got the itch to build something. He said, "I really feel like building something, what should I build..." I don't know where this sudden urge came from but I was all excited and thinking about every room in the house like a bookshelf for Cole's books or a box to to come off the wall around our curtain rods. Then he proceeded to say, "...just nothing for inside the house."
Darn it! Well, he finally came up with the idea of either building a picnic table or a porch swing. Both of those we have been wanting. After looking on the internet for about 20 minutes, he headed off to Home Depot without a very clear plan. I was kinda worried, especially once 3 hours passed by and he still wasn't home yet.
Once he got home he started building right away. It took him about 5 hours to completely finish his project. I have never been more proud. It is so cool that when he wants to do something, he just does it! Here is a picture of our (his) completed project. The only thing left to do is stain it. Didn't he do a good job?!
I also have to say that today is Marshall and I's 4 year anniversary! Marshall, I am so glad that I married you. You are such a great husband and you make feel so beautiful and smart. My love for you just keeps growing! Thank you for everything you've done for me and I hope that we have many more anniversaries to come.
Thank you, Rachel for watching Cole tonight. That was so nice of you to let us go out on a real date for our anniversary!





You're very welcome - and clearly you didn't go home to get packing since you have 2 new blog posts up! Procrastination is my middle name too!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the swing!!! Definitely looks like something you could have bought!! Happy 4 year anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny, Marshall always makes me feel smart when he's around too, but almost never beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Very impressed with the swing-what perfect timing for summer evenings...now, where is my Mint Julep?
ReplyDelete