Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Day

VALENTINE'S DAY AT THE DINKINS 2010
I am an awful wife. Marshall and I made plans to go to dinner and a movie the Thursday before Valentine's day. Marshall picked me up and surprised me by pulling up to Belk instead of the restaurant that night. He knew I saw a pair of boots there that I wanted so he brought me there to buy them. Unfortunatley they didn't have the boots, but they did have a purse I had my eye on. So instead of buying the boots, he bought me the purse. No more diaper bag! I am such a bad wife. A few days ago my second valentine's day present arrived in the mail. Marshall ordered me a ring I have wanted with Cole's name engraved on it and his birthstone. I stole the idea from my sister. What I really liked about it was that if I have any more children you can stack them on your finger. Marshall told me that he ordered the ring too late and really wanted me to have a present on Valentine's day and that's why he bought me the purse.Terrible, awful wife. Ask me what I got Marshall for Valentine's day. Nada, zilch, nothing! Oh, Cole and I did make him a card... Such a bad wife.

4 comments:

  1. what a funny story...and so sweet! I love those rings. they're so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about the ring and was going to ask you about it yesterday but I wasn't sure if you'd gotten it yet! It's so pretty! I love it! And maybe one day, you'll pass it on to his wife?

    And PS - Valentine's Day is a time for men to spoil us...in addition to Mother's Day and our birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I didn't get Denny anything and he bought me a pair of shoes. Us women are too busy raising their kids to go shopping for them! :-) Glad you like your ring, it's pretty. And I like your new purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious! That literally made me laugh! The ring is so pretty and such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!