Sunday, October 17, 2010

South Carolina State Fair

Last Friday we were finally able to make it to the fair! We had such a good time we actually stayed until we couldn't walk any longer! Our feet were aching at the end of the night! Here is a cute picture of Anthony and Audrey in front of the carousel.
This is the first year that Cole was able to ride on some rides. And that boy is BRAVE! I kept asking him if he wanted to ride something and he would always say, "yeah moma"! He even pointed to this ride below and said, "yide moma, yide please".
I wasn't really sure if he would freak out once he got up there but Marshall said he would try it. So off they went, and Cole loved it! He wanted to go again! I think that slide would have scared me!
Next we rode the carousel, which I have to say was no ordinary carousel. It was the fastest carousel I have ever been on! Cole did not stay sitting on the horse, instead he jumped into my arms a few seconds after the ride started and I don't blame him at all. Even Audrey said it made her dizzy just watching it!
The highlight of my night was definitely the food! I made my usual stop to the strawberry lemonade stand first and next I got the newest thing at the fair. The donut burger. No, that is not a misprint. It is actually a hamburger pattie with cheese and bacon in between two krispy kreme donuts. I had a picture of it but it somehow got erased. It was okay for the first few bites but by the third bite it was not tasting too good! I should have gotten a foot long corn dog like Anthony instead, that thing was delicious!
Cole's highlight of the night was the petting zoo. He was dancing, pointing, and laughing at all the animals. It was so cute! I have never really like this area at the fair because it is always so smelly and dirty but now it is my favorite part. Seeing Cole get so excited made me so happy!
I'm planning to go back to the fair one day this week just for that corn dog!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big that slide is or that you got a donut burger! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got a donut burger! That's hilarious... and sounds really gross! Hehe. My favorite thing from our fair is the fried oreos - they're SOOO good. If you go back, you gotta try them! That slide looks awesome. I think Dylan would even be afraid of that... how cool that Cole liked it!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!