Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend at the Beach

Last weekend my mom, sister, sister in law, and my sister in law's mom all went to Myrtle Beach.
Susan W., Mom and Cole, Rachel and Katie, Me, Melissa
We had a really good time shopping, going to dinner, and just talking. We went shopping at the outlet on our second day there and we found some really good deals. I bought a bunch of sweaters for only 5 dollars each at Ann Taylor and bought Marshall a few long sleeve shirts for 10 dollars each at the Gap. It was the perfect time to go shopping because there was hardly anyone there.
Melissa, Rachel and I decided to see a movie while we were there. It was so nice to have a girls night out. My mom and Susan W. stayed home and watched the babies while we went to see Bride Wars. I knew Marshall would never see this movie with me so I was happy to get to go with the girls.
The condo we stayed in was right on the beach and it had a gorgeous view! We went to the beach for about 10 minutes on the first day there. If I could describe it in one word: COLD! It was so funny because once we got to the condo, we all said we wanted to go for a walk on the beach. A few minutes later everyone came out with their hats and scarves and gloves on! That's not how I expected Cole's first trip to the beach to be like! After we got out on the beach we turned around after just a few minutes. The cold combined with the wind was not good. It was freezing! Here is a picture of Cole all bundled up for his first time at the beach! We had a really good time and it was so good to get out of Columbia for a few days! I am so glad that Susan W. offered to let us stay in her condo! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time! even though it was cold at the beach :) it was not Columbia! I hope Cole got to go out in the SNOW today!!!

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun trip and now back to reality of having no one during the day to help when the baby cries!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!