He's Here!

Cole Marshall
Dinkins was born October 25
th, 2008 at 2:36pm. It was very unexpected because I was scheduled to be induced October 27
th but Cole decided he couldn't wait any longer! Saturday night at 4:00am I started having contractions at home. Then at 5:00am my water broke and it was off to the hospital. Of course we didn't have anything packed yet because we were not expecting to leave for 2 days so we were running around like crazy and had to throw everything together real quick. We finally made it to the hospital at 6:45am and by that time I was already 4cm dilated!
So, first things first: EPIDURAL!! They finally came to give it to me at 9:45am and by that time I was already 6cm dilated! Can we talk about pain?!! And not to mention, they had to stick me 4 times because they kept missing! I wanted to hit someone at this point. But thankfully the anesthesiologist kept trying and finally got it in on the 4
th try. I thanked God soon afterwards for creating the person that thought up the epidural. It was smooth sailing after that. I was able to sleep for a few hours and began to push at 1:30pm. I pushed for a good hour and finally Cole was here!!!

He was 7lbs, 11 ounces and 20 inches long. They let us go home today and all I can say is thank God I am not pregnant anymore!!! I am loving life and loving my sweet new baby boy! I think that he is the cutest baby ever, (I am a little biased)! He is so sweet an we are enjoying holding him and loving on him!


In other news, we have a winner for the baby poll (for those of you that want to see what place you came in, you can go to
www.expectnet.com/games/LindsayBabypoll). The winner is Rebekah Robertson, one of my good friends. And her husband came in second! She came the closest to Cole's birthday, weight, length, and time of birth! Congratulations Rebekah and Steve, you get to babysit!
For more pictures of Cole, you can visit our photo album at
http://picasaweb.google.com/lmdinkins/ColeDinkins
You got great pictures of Cole! He's so gorgeous. Hope you guys are enjoying being home. I'm cooking all week to bring you some yummy meals this weekend! Can't wait to see you all again!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're home and can't believe you've already got a blog posted! Talk about Super Mom!
ReplyDeleteGet some rest and please call us if you need anything! Otherwise, I will see you Wednesday night!
I am so happy for you guys! He is so cute! And you look so good too!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Linds! Cole is so adorable and has the most beautiful eyes! You guys look so cute and happy with him. I'm glad you are home and everything went well. Can't wait to come see you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You have one handsome boy! He does not look like most babies who come out the natural way-lucky girl!!Please let me know if you are coming by the office to show him off-I'm at the VA right now. Rest!!!!Brandi
ReplyDeleteHe is sooo very adorable! COngrats to you guys! You look fantastic too.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Lindsay and Marshall! We are so happy for y'all! Let us know if you need anything, we can't wait to make it back there and meet Cole! Our family is so blessed!! We love y'all and we're so glad everything went well!
ReplyDeleteLindsay and Marshall, Congratulations! Cole is beautiful and you both look so happy in the pictures. Enjoy every minute. It was great to see your parents at Dylan's first birthday, but we missed you guys. Love Jen
ReplyDelete