Friday, January 9, 2015

Our Christmas Break 2014

Christmas Break! 

We've had a very interesting Christmas.  I've tried to fill the boys' schedule up with going to fun places and doing fun projects.  We've played a bunch of games, seen a few movies, and even started building a tree house! 
That's Cole, Cooper, and Marshall sitting in the 'makings' of the tree house!  They've loved playing behind our house while Marshall has been working on it.  
I've also been working a lot lately.  I've worked about 8 days in December.  Soon I'll be on the floor alone so I'm trying to get in all the practice I can before then! The boys have either stayed with their dad or stayed with their Aunt Audrey!  It has been great returning to work, it is so fulfilling and rewarding to be a nurse again! 

We took the boys ice skating for the first time!  I remain the best ice skater in the house (it's the northerner in me)! 
Grandma had all the grand kids over to bake cookies one afternoon! 
I didn't dare eat any of the cookies, but the kids sure did have fun making them! 


But the thing that most kept us occupied was Ree's decline.  She took a turn for the worse on Christmas Eve, and after rushing her to the hospital, she passed away Christmas morning while holding Marshall's hand.  

Marshall stayed busy helping his mom with funeral arrangements and preparing a speech.  We loved Ree so much but we know she is so happy with the Lord right now.  She always had candy for the kids on Halloween, she came to Cole's tball games and Christmas programs, and she was always up for following us as we rode/ walked around her circle driveway!  Her Alzheimer's was progressing rapidly over the last year and we know that she could have suffered a lot longer, but instead, The Lord took her home and we are so thankful for that! 


Ree, we love you and miss you so much already!  You were always a ball of energy, following the boys around and helping them pick up pine cones in your yard!  You are truly loved and missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my Post!!