Back in December, we began remodeling our VERY outdated bathrooms. I was sooo irritated at Marshall for beginning this project right before Christmas, but I understood that it really needed to be done (just wait til you see the before pics!). So... I took a deep breath and instead of fighting it, I let the madness begin! The demolition started one night after Marshall got off work (around 9 o'clock at night) and it went into the wee hours of the morning (around 4 o'clock). This schedule of working went on for about 3 months straight! I wanted to rip my hair out after the first week!
I took the futon mattress to the basement and the kids and I slept there every night during the project. We had people in the house at random times during the day and I could always count on people being there during the night. There was never a dull moment! Fortunately, we couldn't hear much being down in the basement and I was thankful to not have to move the kids out completely. But it was a very difficult, long 3 months! I hardly ever saw Marshall and I was getting real sick of people being in my house!
But I am so thankful that we stuck it out and got it finished! You just won't believe the end results! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new bathroom! We completely demolished EVERYTHING and started all over!! I love that I was able to pick out every little detail so it's exactly my style and just how I wanted it!
Our master bathroom and Cole's bathroom are both upstairs in our house so while we were redoing our bathroom, we decided just to redo the boys' bathroom as well. That's right, we went without any bathroom upstairs for 3 months! I did take some before pictures, but they are not all downloading correctly onto my computer, so I will show you the ones I have.
The Boys' Bathroom Before
The Boys' Bathroom After
We added light blue walls, granite counter tops, new showers, new tile floors, new lighting, new cabinets with hardware, and topped it all off with a cute car theme! I just love all the little knickknacks I've found for it!
Master Bathroom Tub and Tile Before
Master Bathroom Tub After
Master Bathroom Shower Before
Master Bathroom Shower After
More After Pictures of Master Bathroom
I've got my own vanity!
New floor to ceiling cabinets
We built new cabinets, put in new tile floors, new shower, new lighting, new granite counter tops, a custom vanity, new tub, and demolished the wall separating the tub from the shower. Marshall even hung and wired up a new TV for above the tub (typical man). Phew! So, to sum it all up...we basically changed EVERYTHING! We decided on a light gray paint color for the walls with fun red accents to match our red and gray master bedroom.
I could not be happier with the outcome!! I absolutely LOVE my new bathroom! I feel like I'm in a luxurious hotel bathroom every time I'm in there! And what's even better is that we did not kill each other during the process (even though we came really close to it)!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my Post!!