The baby of our family just passed right on by that 18 month mark and is quickly approaching the 19 month milestone. Before we know it, we will be celebrating his second birthday!!! Our 'baby' of the family will no longer be a baby! I'm grieving over it already!
This past year and a half went by way too fast!! I don't know if it's because I'm so busy with Cole or it's just more natural taking care of the second child, but time is just flying by! Cooper is already acting so grown up!
I realize that I have neglected to post very much about Cooper since we have been so busy lately, so I'll try to catch up everyone on what's happening with Cooper! He has perfected walking and is practicing running (especially from me when I try to wipe his face). He is sleeping all night, but to get to sleep, he loves tugging on my hair (which drives me nuts) and does it constantly throughout the day when he's sleepy. I've really got to teach him some other method of soothing in order to fall asleep, my hair depends on it!
He is not quite talking yet. He still only says mama (he knows who is most important). But just this past week he is trying to say dog and bubba, for brother. When I informed the doctor of Cooper's speech at his 17 month well visit, he seemed a little concerned about Cooper not saying much, so he referred us to a speech therapist, whom we will see in May. I'm curious to see what they'll tell us and what tips we can do to get him talking more. Right now Cooper communicates by pointing and grunting (typical male) and I understand exactly what he wants through that, so he probably hasn't started talking yet because he has already found a good way of communicating with us!
He is still our little peanut. He is pretty much staying right around 20 pounds and has no fat! He's just so handsome! Here are his stats from his 17 month appointment:
Weight: 20.5lbs; 3rd percentile (He's so tiny)
Height: 31 1/4 inches; 25th percentile
Head: 47cm
Some of his favorite things are strawberry milk, fruit snacks, rice krispie treats, corn, the cream in oreos (just the cream, not the chocolate...he is not a chocolate person), sliding down slides, he is fearless people!, and just being outside! Like any kid, he loves playing in the water and sand and getting dirty!
He is taking only one nap a day and goes to sleep really easy for naps and bedtime. He only sleeps about 9 hours at night, I soooo wish he would sleep longer!
He is very much a daddy's boy! When daddy gets home, he runs right to him and doesn't let him go! I think it's just because daddy takes him on fun rides on the golf cart (I'm just saying...). He loves to give hugs and kisses and I just love it when he wraps his arms around my neck so tight and squeezes me! If I fake cry, he immediately whispers, 'mama' and gives me a big kiss, so I tend to fake cry a lot!
Cooper is so sweet and kind. It is not very often that he gets mad and he is never mean to anyone. I can tell how much he loves his mommy and daddy. He really looks up to Cole and wants to do everything Cole is doing, and never seems to be able to get close enough to him! He is always wanting to sit right on top of him and lay all over him in the mornings, it's so adorable!! He is always up for anything, even if it's just riding in the car!
I just love him so much and am soooo happy that he is apart of this family! I didn't realize how much I would love having two little boys until he came! I can't wait to see them grow up together and be best friends!!
I love you Cooper! Don't grow up too fast!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my Post!!