EASTER 2013
'For as by a man came death, by a man has come the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22'
Happy Easter everyone!! I hope that everyone had as great of an Easter as I had this past weekend. Celebrating Jesus' resurrection with a house full of family and friends at the lake: What could be better?
We started the week of Easter with dying eggs for one of our centerpieces. It was not as messy as I thought it would be with a 4 year old and 1 year old and we came out with quite a pretty collection of eggs!
On Easter morning, the Easter bunny found us (even though Cole was worried he wouldn't find us at the lake). He left a trail for the boys to follow which lead to their Easter baskets and chocolate bunnies!
And we ended the day with a FEAST and egg hunt! We had a pot luck lunch and had the best food! Everything was so delicious! I couldn't help myself and ate a ton!
We had 8 kids this year for Easter! And 5 of them were born within a year of each other! Griffin, Cooper, Carter, Baylor, and Forrest are all 7 months to 17 months old. Needless to say, we had a lot of wanderers on the egg hunting field! And even more parents trying to convince them to pick up eggs and put them in their baskets! It was a sight to see, that's for sure!
Cole did awesome this year! He really racked up the eggs. At one point, he said his basket was too heavy and needed help carrying it because of all the eggs he had! He really got into it and had a blast! Cooper, on the other hand, could care less about the amount of eggs he got, but more about what was in each one. So after every egg he picked up, he would spend 5 minutes trying to open it and eat whatever was in it. I think he ended up with only about 7 or 8 eggs by the end!
The best picture of all the kids (minus Carter and Griffin)
3 eggs at once! Woot woot!
I am so thankful to have such an awesome family! Easter was so much fun and it just seems to get better and better every year! I am so grateful to everyone, especially my mom, for helping me prepare for the party. We are definitely making Easter at the Dinkins lake house a tradition! Until next year...





Aw, I hope we can make it to Easter at the lake house next year! I love hearing about the egg hunt! That picture of Cooper opening his egg with Daisy hanging out next to him, is awesome!
ReplyDelete