Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our Year in Review....

Is it really 2012? Heck, I'm still dating my checks as 2010! 
Looking back on all the things we've done this year, it makes me realize how WONDERFUL 2011 was for us!  So many accomplishments and memorable events fill my head.  So I compiled a list that make up the most important things from 2011. Here's my top 6 (I know 6 is random but oh well...
6.  Disney World
It was Cole and I's first time there and it was quite the experience!  Everything was so, for lack of a better word, Magical!  I know that sounds so corny but Disney World is the coolest place for kids.  The landscape, attractions, and rides were awesome!  Every little detail was thought of when they built this place.
 It was also very memorable because it was our last big vacation as a family of 3!


5. Anthony and Audrey's Wedding
Marshall's little sister got hitched!  I was so honored to be her maid of honor while Marshall was a groomsmen and Cole was the ring bearer!  I will never forget how handsome Cole looked that day.  He really rocked it because he went down the aisle like a champ (totally did not expect him to do that) and even encouraged Katie to keep moving when she ran out of flower petals!!
It was such a great day!
4. Easter
For the past two years we have hosted Easter at our house. I love having everyone come to our home for this special occassion!  It is so much fun hiding eggs and watching the kids run around our yard to find them.  This past year we pulled out all the bikes, tractors, you name it for the kids to play on and we enjoyed most of the day being outside!  Hopefully it will become a tradition to have Easter at the Dinkins'!


3. Carter Jameson McCune
I became an aunt (again) on December 21st! Audrey and Anthony welcomed their first child, Carter this year!  She was such a champ, pushing out an 8lb, 7oz baby in just a matter of minutes!  I am so happy for her, I know she will be an awesome mom!  And I am so happy for Cole and Cooper to have a new BOY cousin living only a few minutes away to go to school with and play ball with!  Congrats you two!
2. Cole's first day of School
(I know this pic is sideways but I am having some technical difficulties trying to change it)
I don't think I will ever forget this day.  The very first time I let someone other than family watch my little boy.  I had to totally step out of my comfort zone that day!  I cried the whole way home after dropping him off, I remember trying to act tough in front of our friends but the minute I shut the door of my car the tears starting flowing! As Oprah would call it, it was my 'ugly cry'.  But I realized that I was doing the right thing a few weeks later when I took him to playground and he actually started playing with other kids!

And my number one,
DRUM ROLL please,
was in October of 2011
was of course
the arrival of my
my new little boy,

1.  Cooper Edward Dinkins
The most wonderful day of the year was October 6th!  The day we introduced our new sweet baby boy Cooper into the family!  It was definitely the event I will remember the most when I think back on the year 2011! 
Only 3 months later he is already sitting in his bumbo chair, rolling from side to side and grabbing all the toys on his play mat!

I can't think of a better word to describe this year besides Wonderful!  Here's wishing you all a Wonderful 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my Post!!