Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting to Know You!

I have suddenly realized that Cooper is over 3 months old and I haven't posted anything new about him in a long time!  My days just seem so busy, it's hard to keep up with posting new blogs. 

This month has been so hard.  I have had so many days where Cooper continuously cries. There have been a few days were he cried so much I thought he had colic.  I am so ready for him to get through this stage because I hate to see him sad.  I am racking my brain everyday trying to figure out what could be making him cry.  Did Cole cry this much?  Is it what I am eating?  Is he just sick?  Is he spoiled?  I just can't figure it out!  If only he could talk!! 

The last few days have been a little better so I'm hoping this means he's working out whatever is troubling him.  It's been hard having to hold Cooper constantly and not have time for my Cole.  But Cole is such a trooper, the crying (and agrravated mother) doesn't seem to bother him at all!  He continues to amaze me by taking care of himself when mommy can't help him and trying to entertain Cooper when mommy has to fold clothes, go pee, etc.

On another note, I have to say it's worth having to listen to all the crying to get to see him smile!  He has the sweetest eyes and most sincere smile.  It makes me so happy to see him happy, nothing else matters when he gives me that sweet toothless grin!

He is also such a great sleeper!  He sleeps about 7 hours straight, wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep for another 2 hours.  It's wonderful and I really think that is what has kept me going the last few weeks!

I don't know if you have noticed from the pictures but there is no pacifier in his mouth in any of them because he refuses to take one.  I'm still deciding if this is a bad thing or a good thing.  Sometimes I would love to just stick a pacifier in his mouth but then I think about how I don't need to worry about buying them, bringing them with me everywhere I go, trying to keep them in his mouth while he's crying, etc, etc.  Anyways, I think that I can live without him taking a pacifier, my real problem is that he refuses to take a bottle.  That's right...I have not left him for longer than an hour and a half in the last few months!  And it's driving me nuts!  I've tried giving him breastmilk in a bottle, formula, different nipples and NOTHING works!  So everytime I go out with friends I have about an hour or hour and a half before I have to leave.  So if anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know!  I would love to be able to go out ONE night on my own for a few hours for myself!

Well now that I feel absolutely awful for going on and on about what is driving me nuts this past month let me tell you about all the great stuff that has been happening!  Cooper has started using his bumbo and his jumper.  Cooper and Cole are playing more together.   It's so awesome!  Cooper has started giggling!  And I LOVE it...the sweetest sound in the world!  :)     

He also has started sucking his thumb and fingers a little and figuring out how to put things in his mouth (he's pretty much obsessed with his mouth these days).  He is enjoying being on his tummy more these days and I'm pretty sure that he is going to start rolling over any day now!

2 comments:

  1. Cooper is a beautiful little man with the most expressive, smiley eyes. I just love to cuddle with him. And I cannot say adequately just how sweet Cole is to his baby brother. He's gentle and loving always. I think Cooper is just so smart he is easily bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture of Cooper! A little devious but totally cute!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!