Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Introducing Cooper Edward Dinkins

On October 6th, 2011 I arrived at Richland Hospital to be induced.  I decided to be induced for a few reasons.  First of all, I was getting really uncomfortable and just sick of being pregnant.  Secondly, my last experience of having my water break at home and having to wait 6 hours for an epidural didn't really appeal to me again.  And lastly, I was able to plan help for Cole instead of running all around at the last minute to find a place for him. 

Being induced was the best decision!  It was such a great experience (well, not great but as good as labor and delivery can be)!  After I was admitted and got hooked up to the monitors they noticed that I was already having contractions!  After that they took some blood and gave me some fluids, along with pitocin and then the doctor came in and broke my water.  That's when the contractions really started coming!  I was probably only in pain for about an hour before the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural.  Then I was in heaven, feeling better than I felt the last 3 months!  Check out those contractions on the bottom of the monitor (and Cooper's heartbeat at the top)!

I progressed really fast after that because in about 3 hours I was 10 cms and starting to push!  It only took me two pushes and Cooper was here!!  I was up and walking to the bathroom in about an hour and feeling really happy to have it over and so in love with my new baby boy!! 

Meet Cooper. 

 Cole getting his first look at his baby brother

 After taking him to the nursery, Cooper had a thorough check up and his first bath.  He weighed in at 7lbs, 2 ounces and was 19 and 1/2 inches long. 
 He sailed right through all his tests and the doctors ended up letting us go from the hospital within 30 hours of giving birth! 

My Boys
 Isn't he Perfect!

5 comments:

  1. He is most definitely perfect; just like his Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a handsome little guy!! Leighton was 7lb 3oz and 19 1/2 in long... so close to being the same exact size! How fun! We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - those contractions were serious business! So glad it all went smoothly and hoping your time at home has been just as great! One week old today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay!! Cooper is precious with a capital P! So let me know if I can help by bringing Cole home on Thursdays when I don't have Maddie.

    God Bless Your Beautiful Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 pushes!! Seriously?! Sounds like you had quite a good experience! He is precious and looks just like Cole!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!