Thursday, October 13, 2011

BROTHERS

So far Cole is being a wonderful big brother.  Cole always wants to help me do things for Cooper.  He is absolutely wonderful at letting me know when Cooper is not happy.  I'll leave Cooper in the swing and although I can hear him crying Cole still has to room to me and let me know that he's crying.  It is so sweet.  Well, until he starts to shove the pacifier in his mouth!  But at least he's trying to help!

In the mornings the first words out of Cole's mouth is always, "Where's Cooper"?  Like he wants to make sure he's still here!  Yesterday Marshall had him downstairs so Cole ran downstairs to see him!  It was so cute!  Cole loves rubbing his head (Cooper has the softest head and hair, I love rubbing it too)!  And for the most part Cole is very gentle.  We have had our close calls already though...like Cole jumping onto the couch missing Cooper by inches!  But fortunately that doesn't happen often! 

I'm so curious to see how Cole acts over the next few months.  It has been one of my biggest fears that Cole would feel left out after having one on one attention for the past three years.  I worry about it constantly and can only pray that Cole keeps acting happy about having Cooper here.  I'm trying my hardest to spend as much time with Cole as I can but there's really not that much time when you are nursing every 2-3 hours for an hour at a time!  I try not to let it upset me but sometimes the postpartum depression just strikes me and I can't help feeling bad for Cole.  But then I picture Cole and Cooper in 15 years and can't help but smile because I know that they will be best buds!

But so far Cole seems to really enjoy him and can't wait for him to be able to play!  Hopefully it stays this way!  I love this first picture of Cole snuggling up to Cooper!  It melts my heart!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! They are so sweet! Cole looks like he's going to be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper and Cole are so sweet together!! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brother pictures! Now let's see them in matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!