Thursday, July 21, 2011

Second Trimester!

Dear Second Trimester,

While I hate saying goodbye to you, I know it just brings me one step further to meeting my new baby boy.  So Goodbye Second Trimester and Hello Third (and Final) Trimester!

You have been pretty good to me.  I feel like almost all my energy was restored over the past few months and I have been able to keep up with the old routines I did before I got pregnant pretty easily.  I have still been sleeping well and my aches and pains have only been minor (besides the awful charlie horse I received a few days ago, which my leg still aches from now).  I could have gone without the heartburn and the lower back pain but I am grateful that it hasn't stopped me from my usual activities.  In fact, my back pain is nothing compared to what it was when I was carrying Cole!  Actually, this pregnancy has been much better than my first.  I'm not too sure if I just got tougher after the first one or if my ailments aren't as severe.  But I am not questioning it, I am just going with it! 

I went to the doctor last week which concludes my monthly visits and now I am scheduled for visits every 2 weeks.  This kinda freaks me out.  I am getting really close to having baby #2!  And seeing my ticker today on the right hand side of my blog say that I only have 79 days until my due date just scared me even more!!  I am going to have 2 kids within 79 days!!  Yikes! 

My doctor visits are all going well.  I am measuring right on track for my due date.  I think I have gained about 15 pounds in the last 7 months (which is less than I gained with Cole, woohoo)!  My blood pressure was 110/69 last visit.  And baby boy #2's heart rate was 137 last visit.  So medically everything looks good. 

The doctor told me that I can start counting kicks now, which isn't hard at all.  This child practices karate every time I sit or stand still longer than 30 seconds!  It is downright painful.  I don't remember Cole kicking me and hurting me this much so early.  I am pretty nervous about this child getting bigger...I hope he doesn't just kick a hole in my belly and pop out on his own!!  I'm not joking...he kicks and hits me constantly and it hurts!!  Cole and Marshall have both been able to feel the abuse from the outside and think it's hilarious!

I'm looking forward to getting through August (today the temperature said 106 degrees at our house) and ending my pregnancy in a cooler month.  I am also looking forward to seeing and holding my baby at the end of this trimester.  I can't believe I am in my last trimester!  I'm so excited and nervous...the countdown is on!  79 days and counting! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better with this pregnancy!! I hope it continues! And I hope the heat doesn't bother you too much! Yay for October being so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ticker says 70 days to go! Whoa...and you're right at 30 weeks. That means things are getting so close! I just can't believe he's almost here! Seems like just yesterday we were getting the cutest Valentine's announcement from you!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!