Thursday, July 7, 2011

July FOURTH, 2011

Over the weekend we celebrated July 4th by going to Charleston.  We went with Marshall's cousin Brandon, his wife Jenny, and Marshall's sister Audrey and her fiance, Anthony.  We have been doing a lot of things with this group and have become really close.  I always have such a great time with them!  Here's a cute picture of Cole on our way to Isle of Palms at Charleston! 

We left Saturday night and headed straight for our 'cabins'.  That's right, 6 and 1/2 months pregnant and sleeping in a cabin!  Did I mention there was no running water and no toilets for the pregnant lady that gets up three times a night to use the bathroom!  Somehow we managed and didn't end up spending hardly any time at the campgrounds so it wasn't too bad. 

We spent one whole day at the beach!  This was the best beach trip I have had in 3 years!  Cole is finally at the age where he can entertain himself and be trusted to run back and forth to the ocean.  I think I actually got to just LAY for an hour straight without moving!  It was heaven!

Cole after 3 hours at the beach:
Cole after 6 hours at the beach:
Cole loved the water and the waves this year.  Last year he was still timid but this year he was actually a little too brave because he kept wanting to go deeper and deeper!  And having nasty salt water spray him in his face didn't seem to phase him at all!  He also loved playing in the sand with his daddy and Aunt Jenny and right before we left he flew the kite I bought him before the trip.  Here are some pictures of Marshall and Cole with the kite:



We had such a great time getting away for the weekend with great friends!  I think Charleston is going to be our new vacation spot from now on.  Outlets, Beaches, Great Restaurants (we ate at Bubba Gump's and it was delicious) and only 2 hours away!  Hope everyone had as much fun as we had this Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. What? You didn't have a bathroom? I need a bathroom during the night, and I'm not even pregnant!

    Love the picture of Cole passed out on the beach chair!

    Glad you got to relax and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine staying somewhere without a bathroom :)

    Glad y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!