Thursday, July 22, 2010

Myrtle Beach Trip

Marshall finally took a few days off work so we could go on a mini family vacation, which I have to say was much needed! We headed up to Myrtle Beach this weekend and spent a few days at Marshall's dad's beach house.
We spent 2 of the 4 days at the beach and boy was it crowded!! I think everyone decided to go to the beach the same weekend we did! Cole did so well with the heat, probably better than me and this year was way different than last year in the fact that Cole wasn't eating the sand and instead was making sand castles! It was so cute to watch him play!
Will and Cole
The only bad new habit Cole had this year was the fact that he wanted to cover everything in sand. Including me! So sunscreen, salt water, and sand constantly covered my body. Yuck! It was hard to relax when you felt so gross and disgusting the whole time. Trying to get a tan was out of the question, as you can see:
At the campground we stayed at there was a mini golf course so we decided to take Cole just to see how he would do. For the first 10 holes he clung to his AND my golf ball and was unwilling to set it down, therefore unable to participate. But at the 11th hole he finally realized that he would get his ball back if he set it down. And he did so good after that!
Once he got it in the hole he would throw his golf club and scream. It was so cute. And one time while I was showing Cole how to hold his golf club we hit the ball together and got a hole in one! We are a good team!
I had such a good time spending time with Marshall and Cole. Marshall has been working a lot lately so it was nice to have him all to myself for a few days straight. Cole liked the beach so we will definitely plan another trip next year!
***FYI: I finally beat Marshall at miniature golf (and by a lot)!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip, I'm so glad you guys were able to get away. I love that look on your face where you're trying to tan. KIDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You and Cole make the best team! He was born a sports star don't ya think?

    Marshall and Lindsay: Tell me about the campgrounds...I always like going somewhere I have not been before!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!