Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Movies!

So last week my friend Ginger let me in on a little secret. She informed me that all summer long they are showing children movies for FREE on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 10:00am. I had NO CLUE! And since I had absolutely no clue how Cole would do at the movies, I figured that I mine as well take him when its free and see how he does. Hey, the worst thing that happens is he pitches a fit and I walk around the stores until the movie finishes, right? So last week I took Cole for his very first time to the Movie Theater!
We went and they were showing a Veggie Tales movie which turned out to be pretty entertaining. Cole and I never had to leave the theater, which was in part because Cole did really good and also because there were soooo many kids there under the age of 2 that were talking and crying so if Cole did make any noise it was drown out by all the other kids. It was such an eye opening experience! I never knew how many moms took such little kids, including newborn babies to the movie theater. I would have never guessed!
Here are Ginger's boys who were so good (like always) watching the movie
Cole did really well. He became fussy a few times but thankfully he was pretty tired so he just sat in my lap for most of it. Ginger gave him a lollipop which kept him happy for a good 15 minutes so my plan is to bring a couple lollipop's next time and then I am guaranteed to see a entire movie with Cole since he's been born without him whining! Thanks for the info Ginger. Movie next week?!

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat! I'll have to go with you one time, it may look funny taking a 2 month old by myself! But hey, I can also use getting out of the house!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!