Sunday, July 11, 2010

FINGER FOOD FRIDAY!!!

This past Friday, we celebrated the first of many Finger Food Friday's!! Audrey and I have been trying to cook more dinners together so that we can save some money and she came up with this great idea of doing Finger Food Friday!!!
The Cooks (I know, Cole's blinking but it's the only picture I have):

The Menu:

Ham and Cheese Tortilla Roll-Ups

Pickle Roll-Ups (pickles wrapped in ham and a little cream cheese)

Pigs in a Blanket

BBQ dip with wheat thins

Cheese, bean, and sour cream chip dip

Watermelon, Pineapple, and Cheese Skewers
Chicken Parmesan Bites

Rice Krispie Treats

Betty's Beaten Up Brownies (brownie mix, m&m's, marshmallows, and fudge)
Betty's Beaten-up Brownies
(we made up that name after we tried to move the brownies from the pan onto a platter and this is what they ended up looking like...) We were actually able to keep a straight face about the brownies whenever anyone asked us what they were although we couldn't stop laughing during the process and the decision of a name. Betty's Beaten up Brownies sounds legit, right?! Although they looked bad, they tasted amazing!
To top it all of, we made homemade Strawberry Lemonade!!
We had a total of 10 people over so we had to make sure to make a lot! We started cooking at 2:30 and didn't finish until about 7:30!! It was a lot of work! By the time everyone got there I had to slip into some comfy jeans and a tee so I could just eat and put my feet up! Cooking such gourmet entrees is a lot of work!! :) We had a good time and plan to do another Finger Food Friday soon, with a completely different menu!! I'm thinking potato skins and mozzarella cheese sticks next time...

3 comments:

  1. Finger Food Friday was amazing!! You and Audrey did an awesome job with all the food! Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - the chicken parm bites sound awesome! That's doug's favortie food so I totally need the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beaten-up brownies! That's awesome! And the homemade lemonade sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!