My little Cole-bug, aka booger-pie, sweet pea, love bug, love, little man, coli, cole man is 21 months old!! In only 3 months we will officially have a 2 year old?! What? That can't be right! Cole has grown up right before our eyes!
Over the past few weeks I have been really sad about this milestone, not just the number but the fact that he is really going to NOT need his mommy one day! And as I look at him lately, it's hard not to think about this because he is literally changing, growing everyday! It is so evident in the way he talks and just knows how to do things, for instance knock on doors for people to open them or get his sippy cup and the right lid when he's thirsty. His new thing is grabbing your finger and pointing to the floor saying "mon" for 'come on', where he proceeds to take you to one of many destinations. He is also good at answering our questions. If you ask him something like, "Cole, you want to go night-night?" he will shake his head no and say uh-uh if he doesn't want to, if he does want to, he smiles. It is so stinking cute! He is so good at communicating these days!
Over the past few weeks I have been really sad about this milestone, not just the number but the fact that he is really going to NOT need his mommy one day! And as I look at him lately, it's hard not to think about this because he is literally changing, growing everyday! It is so evident in the way he talks and just knows how to do things, for instance knock on doors for people to open them or get his sippy cup and the right lid when he's thirsty. His new thing is grabbing your finger and pointing to the floor saying "mon" for 'come on', where he proceeds to take you to one of many destinations. He is also good at answering our questions. If you ask him something like, "Cole, you want to go night-night?" he will shake his head no and say uh-uh if he doesn't want to, if he does want to, he smiles. It is so stinking cute! He is so good at communicating these days!
These days Barney is Cole's favorite show! And while it is not my favorite, it keeps him in a trance so I am able to get a few things done! For that I will always be grateful to that big purple Dinosaur! Now when I turn the tv on, Cole points to the tv and says, "Arney"? This is just one of many new words he has picked up over the past few months. Others include more, water, want some?, audrey, juice, dog, shoes, and no.
Cole is doing so many new things these days. He is so much more independent. This can be bad, for example when he is moving his step stool to the bathroom counter so that he can climb onto the counter and sit in the sink! But for the most part he is doing good things like throwing things away for me and bringing me things that I ask for. He has even greatly improved at feeding himself, coloring, throwing, and playing with Daisy.
His loves this month are Mommy (thank goodness), balloons, baseball, tractors, and any kind of car/truck. He absolutely loves riding on the golf cart, which we do A LOT! And going swimming, which I wish we could do more of!
I have been struggling this month with Cole being very clingy. I absolutely LOVE more than anything in the entire world holding him and snuggling with him. I am so glad that he still enjoys me holding him and sitting with him on the couch or in the bed. Those are my most favorite times of the day. Having said that...Cole is now around 25 pounds so it's not so easy carrying him and trying to make dinner, do the laundry, etc. So while I hate to turn him down I often have to in order to get some things done around the house or not feel like I put in a 12 hour day at a construction site at the end of the day. I know that Cole can walk perfectly fine on his own but how do I say no when I know these days of him wanting his mommy won't last. At this point I hold him as often as I can even if it means a heating pad at the end of the night! I just can't resist and I treasure these moments with him! 

This month Cole has learned the word no! And I have to say it is the cutest thing ever! I don't mind it one bit! He just doesn't say no... he says no, no Daisy while shaking his little finger at her or no, no daddy! It is so adorable that Marshall actually does things to provoke Cole to say no. We just can't get enough of his little, "no, no"! 

Happy 21 month birthday Cole. Mommy and Daddy love you more than you'll ever know! I tell you all the time that I think you are the kindest, cutest, sweetest, smartest little boy in the whole wide world! Since I tell you I love you about 1,000 times a day, I'm hoping those will be your next words!! I love you Coli!





I can't believe he's already 21 months old! He's growing so fast! Enjoy him saying 'no' now, I'm sure you won't be thinking it's so cute in a few years! :)
ReplyDelete