Marshall, Cole and I just got back from an 8 night cruise!! We drove down to Fort Lauderdale, Florida where we boarded our ship and then stopped at St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Haiti, and Puerto Rico. I was really nervous about bringing Cole on a cruise, especially for that long but he never got sick and he didn't really even seem to notice that we were moving.
He slept so great the entire time because it was so dark in our interior room and the rocking of the ship just put him right to sleep. In fact, we were constantly having to wake him up from naps and in the mornings to be able to see all the sights off the cruise ship before it was time to leave again. Cole was exhausted the entire time! When he wasn't in the pool or eating he was more than likely sleeping. I did bring him to their adventure ocean kids room a couple times where other kids his age were able to play and run around without getting into trouble. That was really nice. Except it took Cole 20 minutes to warm up and actually leave my lap to play with the others. The class only lasted 45! Oh well, at least he got in a little bit of playing while on the ship!
I decided to split up our cruise into parts I and II because I took so many great pictures that I wanted to post them all!
We spent the most time eating, especially the ice cream that they had set up by the pools. That was Cole's favorite part of the cruise. We would fill up an ice cream cone just a little and let him go to town. He was guaranteed to be happy and entertained for at least 10 minutes. It was great! 

Here's Anthony with an ice cream in each hand! That's how you do it!
On the cruise we used a leash on Cole because we were really worried about him running away or just falling off the edge. I picked it up from Target and wasn't quite sure how Cole would react to it, but he loved it!! Man, if we didn't bring the leash he got mad. The only problem we ran into was that he was always wanting to hold the end of the leash and walk himself! He's a riot!
Here is a good picture of all of the girls on one of our casual nights before dinner.
On the cruise there were two formal nights, one smart casual and the rest casual nights for dinner. Here are a few pictures of us at the first formal night.
Here's Cole in his tuxedo! We borrowed it from my mother in law. The only thing I forgot to bring was nice dressy black shoes for Cole with his tuxedo. So this picture would have been even cuter if mommy would have brought shoes! Arrghh!





Oh my gosh, there's so many things I want to comment about as I'm reading the posts, and then I forget by the time I'm done! Cole is so darn cute in his leash - I totally would have done the same thing for Dylan. I'm glad he liked it! And the ice cream looks good!!
ReplyDelete