Cole just turned a half year old Saturday!! At first I thought he was growing up too slowly, now I can't believe where the time has gone!! I was looking at some pictures of him when he was just born and I can't believe how little he was!! He has grown so much and has done so many new things this past month, including:
- rolling over from front to back and back to front
- he is sitting up like a champ for long periods of time
- sucks on his toes
- uses a sippy cup (not too great at it yet)
- laughs and smiles all the time
- stands up for a few seconds while holding on to something (like the sofa)
- cries when you take a toy away from him (I can't believe he is old enough to throw a temper tantrum)
- he babbles and makes all kinds of funny noises... (he just figured out how to close his lips realy tight together and blow and now he does it all the time) it is so stinkin cute
Over the past month Cole is awake for a lot longer periods of time and plays a lot more by himself. He does so well grabbing toys and is always reaching for everything. It is so neat to watch! He has become a lot more independent. He stays in his jumperoo and plays or lays on the floor for a long time before he gets bored. He will even sit and watch cartoons for a few minutes at a time. I love it!! It allows me to wash a few bottles or do a load of laundry before he even realizes I'm gone. He really likes to watch Handy Manny in the mornings on TV (or maybe that's just me)!
This past month Cole has been eating a bunch of vegetables and we also gave him applesauce and bananas. He has tried key lime pie, toothpaste, and dirt; not on purpose but because he snatched them out of my hand and thrusted them into his mouth before I had time to even comprehend what was going on! He is a fast one! He seemed to really enjoy the key lime, not sure how he felt about the toothpaste and dirt! I really have to watch everything that I put beside him, he has knocked over a few of my drinks because I underestimated how far he can reach! We really have been having a hard time at restaurants because he won't sit still! He grabs at everything on the table and gets so bored with his own toys that he has to be holding a salt shaker or bread basket in order to stay entertained. It drives me crazy that we can't have a nice, peaceful dinner out anymore but deep down I love it!
He is the perfect baby with one exception: his sleeping habits. His sleeping pattern is so sporadic. He always wakes up at different times of the night. It drives me crazy. He is pretty good about just eating and going right back to sleep, I just wish he would sleep a little bit longer lengths of time at night. He normally wakes up once during the night and then is up for good at around 6:30 or 7. I so miss sleeping in on Saturdays and Sundays!
He loves Daisy. He loves to watch her and smiles and laughs at her all the time. He even tries to talk to her when she is near him, it is so cute. Yesterday Cole was lying on his stomach and Daisy was licking his hands (don't worry, I washed them before he put them in his mouth) and he fell asleep right there! Daisy just kept licking and licking! They are such good buddies! It is so sweet!
This month has been the best yet. Every month gets better and better! I can't wait to see what he does new next month! Hopefully teething isn't one of them!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my Post!!