Wednesday, February 25, 2009

4 months!

Cole is 4 months old today!! He is getting so big and changing so much! He goes to the doctor tomorrow so I will have to wait to update you on his height and weight until my next post.
Cole has changed a lot over the past month. He is really beginning to have a personality. He is sweet, shy, generally happy, and also stubborn (like his daddy). I love every bit of it!
Over the past month his hand-eye coordination has really improved. He can grab things alot easier and even has an easier time putting things in his mouth. He likes to put everything in his mouth and gets frustrated if something doesn't fit!
He loves being held, especially carried. I have already learned that I spoil him. They say you can't spoil a baby... well I somehow have. He screams if I set him down when he is not ready to be set down. It is so funny how he goes from screaming to smiling AS SOON AS I pick him up! I am going to try to break that habit this month but it is hard because I love holding him! When he is sitting and acting so cute I just want to pick him up and squeeze him! I will just have to resist the temptation!
I tried giving Cole rice cereal for the first time yesterday. He was not very happy about it. I think that he was mad because I was giving him spoonfuls and he wanted the whole thing at one time. He is used to getting everything in bottles so he doesn't understand that he is going to have to wait a second until I can get him another spoonful. I am going to try to give him a few spoonfuls a day and hopefully he will get used to it soon because I am not going to nurse him forever!
I love his personality. When he gets excited he kicks his legs and swings his arms. If someone comes up to him and starts talking to him he gets shy and buries his head in my chest. I absolutely love when he does that! It is so much fun to see him change and watch him grow. I can't believe that I have a 4 month old! It still doesn't seem real. I love him so much and I didn't know I could care for someone so much. I miss him if I leave him for longer than an hour and I am always worried about him getting sick or hurt. It's exhausting! But I love every minute of it!
Here are a few pictures of him taken this month.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I can't believe he's four months old already! He reminds me of Dylan with his crying as soon as you set him down. He's not spoiled - he just loves his Mama. You have to enjoy that while it lasts... someday he won't want to cuddle anymore and that will be horrible. So go pick him up and spoil him some more!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Cole...what a sweet, sweet baby!! I just thought it was so funny yesterday when he seemed to get "bored" at looking at the same room for too long! He's absolutely adorable Lindsay and we had such a great time with you. We'll have to do it again :) Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!