Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Final Days of Summer 15'

Our Final Days of Summer have been a whirlwind!  I think I've been so busy trying to jam pack in so many activities because I'm so sad it's over.  


Lots of parents complain that their kids drive them nuts by the end of summer but I'm just the opposite.  I've realized this summer that I have the coolest kids on the planet and there is no one I'd rather be with then them.  They are so well behaved and so easy going.  They make it a breeze to take them anywhere and I'm not nervous to try new things with them because they are up for anything!  Cooper has totally surprised me with how grown up he acts!  All of sudden I have two kids and no baby anymore!

Cole and Cooper (and Marshall) got really into fishing this summer! They have been catching fish like crazy, just off the end of our dock! And Cole is so patient! 



Cooper's first time catching a fish completely by himself!! 



I sound like a broken record but the boys love to kneeboard and go swimming in the lake so we try to do that at least once every weekend. 

There is a big rock by the lower dam that we tried jumping off last weekend.  I was super nervous and so relieved when I came back up for air.   It's a lot higher than it looks (or I'm just a chicken)! 



Cooper would have jumped if we let him.  Cole, on the other hand, was ok just watching! 

We took a trip to Hartsville again and went to the splash pad with Doug and Rachel.  

Either Cole got bigger or the slides got smaller but they just seemed too small for Cole this summer!  I can't believe how much Cole has grown this year! 


Cooper LOVES his cousin, Katie (and they are so sweet to each other it's just sooo cute)! 


Hi-Wire! 
Cole has been wanting to go to Hi-Wire with his daddy all summer! 


It is such a fun place! 

I kidnapped Katie from her Sue-Sue and took the kids bowling!  Cooper won the first game and Cole and Katie tied on both their games (I should have taken a picture to prove it). It was a blast!  These kids are so well behaved and so sweet! I love every second with them! 

Our last big trip was to Carolina Adventure World!  Cole has been looking forward to this one! A night camping and two days on the four wheeler, riding trails!

  


They had a bit of a rough start.  Cooper's four wheeler's brake broke. Cole's four wheeler wouldn't turn on.  The Rhino was running funny and SLOW.  

Marshall was not happy but he plugged along and finally the Rhino started working and my four wheeler still worked so we all loaded up together and took on the trails.  It ended up being a perfect second day! 



Marshall was always the one getting stuck!  He can never pass up a good mud hole (even if it's over his head)! 



Our Crew! 



The Perfect End to A Perfect Summer! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my Post!!