Or, as it was when we bought it, our New Lake Lot!!!
We decided to buy this property because it is so close to family, a gas station, a restaurant, and close to Blythewood. Plus, the view is amazing!!!
I loved this lot, too, because it was so flat and I figured the kids could play so easily on this lot!
Marshall overlooking the property.
So after buying load after load after load of dirt, we were finally able to put in the posts to start framing our house!!
Little did I know that we'd have to bring in tons and tons if dirt in order to get the house higher in the air above sea level.
So after buying load after load after load of dirt, we were finally able to put in the posts to start framing our house!!Here's our crew who worked so hard on the framing of our house. They are standing on our first story right here (probably in our living room)!!
I never realized just how high in we would be! It makes me a little nervous, but you can't beat the view from our porch!
The house was framed and up so quick! In only 4 weeks it looked like this!!!
Our living room/kitchen cathedral ceiling!
Another view of our living room!
It went up soo quickly but the last week it has been at a stand still. We got snow this week and lots and lots of rain, meaning no one is working on it!!! So we are trying to be patient and praying for good weather!
Here is a picture of our garage that is under the house.
And our stairs!
Cooper riding his bike in the big open space under the house!
Marshall and I have had many sleepless nights with this house already. There are a ton of little details and a ton of big details that we've had to compromise on. When I thought about building my dream home, I pictured it a certain way and of course, Marshall had a whole different picture in his mind! I was not planning on that! Hahaha!
Fortunately, Byron has been up at the house watching over everything for us. And I've been up there about every other day answering questions and just watching this awesome process! The boys have been great sports but the fun and new is wearing off and now they've started complaining about going up there. So I may have to spread my visits out a little further from now on.
We are just so so so excited about this house! It's just so amazing to see our dream come to life!! We feel so blessed to be able to build this house and struggle with whether or not this is what our Lord and Savior want us to do. I've had so many sleepless nights asking God for guidance. Marshall has worked so hard since he was 14, working 12 hours for 6 days a week. It's time for him to have a place that he call relax and gain peace. I pray that we make many many memories together as a family here. And that Christ's love shines through us while we are here. I want this house to be a place of happiness, calm, and most of all to spread His love and worship and honor Him.


































No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my Post!!