Today is Cole's first day of School! He is going to Trinity United Methodist Church on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 12 every week! But he won't be alone. His cousin Katie and friend Clark are also going and are in his class! We decided it was the perfect time for Cole to start school with friends he knew and get him into a routine before the baby comes. Trinity does such a great job teaching them the basics like numbers, colors, and letters but it is also christain based. They go to the chapel on different days to learn a little bit out of the bible! I love that. I'm so excited for him to learn so many new things and meet new friends! I think he is going to have a blast after he gets used to going. But even though I know he is going to have fun and be safe I can't help but be sad. My little boy is growing up...
My little baby boy is no longer a baby. He has grown up so fast! And spending almost all day every day together for the past (almost) 3 years together makes me very attached to him. He is my very best friend. He puts up with going shopping with me and listening to my 'girl talk' with my friends at lunch. He 'helps' me with projects around the house and keeps me company while we wait for daddy to get home. I can't even describe how much I love him. I'm sooo not ready to give him away to strangers at school but I know he is going to learn so much and eventually have so much fun with all his friends. Why does doing the right thing for your child hurt so bad?
Cole, mommy just wants to thank you for being you. You are PERFECT! I can take you anywhere and not worry about temper tantrums or crying fits. You are so well behaved and easy going. But the thing I love most about you is your big heart. You are always worried about mommy. Just a few days ago when we were talking about going to school you asked me if I would be sad and miss you while you were gone (by the way I lied when I said mommy would be okay, because I can't stop crying now that you are actually gone)! You are always worried about others and so sweet to your friends and family. I especially love all the snuggling you still do with me while we watch a movie together or sit on the couch together. You are definitely a momma's boy and I LOVE IT!
Over the past few months you have really grown up. You know all your colors and can count to three! A few months ago you started riding your Tricylcle and now we can't get you to stop!
You've really gotten good at helping me with projects around the house. You even helped me paint a dresser I bought for you and Cooper's Room. And you did such a great job. Sure, you got a little paint on you...but the end result looked wonderful!
But the thing I love doing most with you is seeing you experience new things. Like the time we took you to Disney World and saw your eyes light up at all the disney characters and fun rides. Or the time we dyed easter eggs at the house and made all sorts of fun colors by mixing all the dye drops together! And all the times we go to the zoo and see new animals. Like a few months ago when we went with Katie. You loved feeding the giraffes.
And Mommy loved watching you! I love watching you do everything! You absolutely melt my heart and I couldn't be prouder of the little boy you have become. I can't wait to see what all you learned today and give you a ton of hugs and kisses when I pick you up! I love you Cole!





















He is so sweet! I can't wait to see you guys more :) You are a GREAT Mommy!
ReplyDeleteSheesh! Thanks for making me cry! What a sweet post, sweet boy, and wonderful mom! And I hadn't seen that picture of them at the zoo! It's cute!
ReplyDeletehe really has grown so much. school? holy cow. hope he enjoyed his first day. and i didn't know that you chose the name Cooper for the next lil' one! I love that name :)
ReplyDeleteFrom SHW: It is sooo hard! Every milestone is supposed to feel like an accomplishment and altho you are glad that they are learning and doing new things---the stretching of Mama's heart strings can almost be too much!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Cole seems unable to take a bad picture!