Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July!! This year we went to Georgia to see Cole's Grandma Vee, Grandpa Ron, and Aunt Audrey to celebrate Independence Day. We had a great time, it was especially nice because Marshall had three days off in a row! We spent a lot of time on their dock. We went water skiing and Marshall even went Wake Boarding. I was very proud of myself for getting up on the skis on my first try!
On Saturday night we went to one of their neighbor's homes to eat dinner and watch fireworks. They spent 1300 dollars on fireworks so you can only imagine how great it turned out! It felt like the fireworks went on forever!
I have to admit, I was a little nervous about how Cole would react to the fireworks. He normally cries with any loud noises. He cries when I vacuum and if someone cheers loud at one of Marshall's softball games. So you could guess that he would probably freak out with loud fireworks. So I was extremely surprised when five minutes into the fireworks I looked down to see this:
Out like a light! I never even heard a peep out of him the entire time! It was great. Note to self: Invest in fireworks! We had such a great time in Georgia. Hopefully we can get down there again soon. Here are a few pictures from our trip. Cole playing with his new friend, Ava
Aunt Audrey, Grandma Vee, Marshall, and Cole (and Anthony trying to sneak in the picture)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I bet Valerie had a great time with Cole! Glad ya'll had a fun 4th of July. Is Audrey coming to visit any time soon or any plans of coming to the beach soon? We'd love to see her...
    Love you all bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Cole is getting cuter every day. Love his overalls :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!