Friday, May 29, 2009

7 Months and Family Reunion

Cole is 7 Months Old! Can you believe it?! My little boy is 7 months old! Where has the time gone? He has grown so much physically and mentally over the past month. He is like a completely different child. Everyday he becomes more and more fun to be around. He has the best personality. He loves to smile and laugh and it is the cutest thing ever! This month Cole has been standing so much. He loves to stand (with my support). I can't believe how well he stands if he is holding on to something or someone. He can now stand up by himself holding on to the back of the couch for at least a minute. It makes me hopeful that maybe he will start walking in the new few months (please)!! I think that Cole has decided to skip crawling. Every time I put him on his stomach he rolls right over onto his back. So hopefully he will make up for that by learning to walk sooner. Cole has been talking so much lately, especially over the past week. He says ba ba ba ba and just loves to squeal. It is hilarious. I think that he just likes to hear himself talk (he definitely doesn't get that from me)! He has also mastered the pincer grasp! And I have to add that babies don't normally master that until around 9-10 months old (my baby is so advanced)! We started giving him puffs (which are about the size of Cheerios) and he picks them up with just his thumb and forefinger and sticks them in his mouth so good. He is such a pro! Every time I see him do it I am so amazed at how well he does it. I just can't believe my little Cole can feed himself, it is so fun to watch! We celebrated Cole's 7 month birthday in Virginia last week. We went there for a mini family reunion. We were able to get together with my aunt and a few of my cousins, which I haven't seen in about 3 years! We had such a good time seeing everyone and just getting out of Columbia for a few days. This was Cole's longest car ride and he did so well. He either slept or watched baby einstein. I was so impressed with how well he did. I am now looking into more vacations... very far away!! During the reunion we were able to get all the new babies together. My cousin had a baby just 2 weeks after me so I was really excited to get to see him. Here are a few pictures!
Katie and JamieCole, Katie, and JamieKatie and Cole Cole was able to go swimming for the first time while we were in Virginia. The resort we stayed at had an indoor pool and an indoor waterpark! So we brought Cole every chance we got and he loved it! It was so fun to see him splash in the water. I am definitely going to start taking him to the pool on a regular basis!
Katie and Cole in their matching intertubes, getting ready for the poolMe and Cole swimmingCousin DylanFamily Photo in the PoolI just couldn't resist adding this last picture. Happy 7 Months Cole!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I was so happy to see a new blog today!! :) I can't believe my nephew is 7 MONTHS!!! CRAZY CRAZY!! He is adorable! I was so jealous Mom got to see you guys this week! I wouldn't have came down for the day, but I thought yall were going to be out of town.. :( Anywho!! Hope to see you guys soon!! Love yall!! Kiss Cole for me!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOULD HAVE CAME DOWN.... ughh! i should have proof read!! lol!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!