We just got home from our 5 day cruise. We left out of Charleston (the 2 hour drive was so convenient) and the ship, Carnival Fantasy, stopped at Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas. I can, without a doubt say that this was the most relaxing vacation we have had in a long time. We planned NOTHING. No excursions, no expectations of things we had to do or wanted to accomplish. Therefore we were hardly ever stressed. We did what we wanted when we wanted!
We ended up doing a lot of sleeping and a TON of eating (I literally gained 5 pounds in 5 days). We had soft ice cream after every meal, even breakfast! And I must have ordered the hot chocolate cake after every dinner in the dining room (it was the bomb)! I'm totally craving it just thinking about it!
Unfortunately, the weather stunk. It was cold the entire trip. And if you know me, I hate to be cold. I'd rather be sweating on the beach in my bathing suit than be bundled up in a jacket. I think everyone on the cruise, including us, were pretending like the weather was warm. Cole went swimming a few times, even though his lips were purple and he was shaking! He just didn't want to pass up the waterpark or the beaches! Who can blame him, right?!
Even the natives at the ports said, "It is never this cold here"! RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!!!
But we made the most of it and still enjoyed our time, jackets and all.
Day 1 - Exploring the ship and waterpark fun
Cole and Marshall playing ping pong
Day 3- Freeport, Bahamas
We got off the boat and visited a beautiful town and beach called Lucaya
Cooper stayed bundled up under some towels while Cole played in the water.
Purple lips! He was freezing and was the only one brave enough to go swimming!
Cole wanted some coconuts but we couldn't quite reach them!
Devastating plane crash! Fortunately Marshall was the only casualty.
That night we enjoyed watching the sunset over the ocean.
Day 4- Nassau, Bahamas
We spent the entire day visiting the place behind us, Atlantis! And the best part is, we got in for FREE!! Marshall totally talked his way in for free! I was completely embarrassed but I'm not complaining!
The Beach! Cooper was obsessed with the birds! He thought they were so funny! He just kept laughing and pointing at all the seagulls!
Cole and Marshall went in the heated lazy river! Although it was heated, it was still too cold for me!
There were tons and tons of sea life!
Nurse Sharks we could reach out and touch (we didn't, of course)!
Blue lips!
This pool was so gorgeous! Next vacation, I say we skip the cruise and go straight to Atlantis!
"Look mom, Sharks"!
Fun Rope Bridge we could walk across.
Typical Family Picture
Fun waterslides at their waterpark!
Dolphins playing!
Day 5- At Sea
The last day of the cruise was pretty crappy. It was cold and the winds were blowing so hard that they closed off the top two levels of the ship. Of course these happened to be the kid friendly levels with the mini golf and the waterpark, which left us with not much to do! So we basically just slept and ate on the last day. We came home very relaxed and not quite ready for the hustle and bustle of the real world.
My favorite towel was the cute little bear animal!
We had a great vacation, despite the weather. I am so glad that I had my whole family together for 5 days with no interruptions (i.e. cellphones). It was so relaxing and easy! I'm already looking forward to our next vacation!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my Post!!