Cooper had his 6 month doctor's appointment on Monday. I assumed this appointment would be boring like the others... checking height, weight, getting his immunizations, and so on.
But the doctor was worried about two things: a flat spot on Cooper's head and his weight gain, or lack of. The doctor told me that I needed to keep pushing tummy time with Cooper and try to get him off the back of his head as much as I could because the back of his head is flat. Personally, I think it looks fine, but apparently a lot of parents go ahead and get their children sized for a helmet. Because the doctor said it is just for looks and has no bearing on brain size, etc, I opted to not have the appointment. I think he looks pretty darn cute without it!
He also told me that he only gained 11 ounces in 2 months. So he told me to try to feed him baby food more often and offer formula in a sippy cup in order to increase his weight. Here are his stats from his appointment:
Weight: 15.15 lbs 20%
Height: 27 1/4 inches 75%
HC: 44 cm
Other than that Cole and Cooper are doing great! We had a little photo shoot the other day with their cousin Carter and I just had to post some pics.
CARTER









No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my Post!!