Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lilly

Meet the newest member of our family: My new niece Lilly was born July 27th at 10:49am. She weighed 6lbs, and measured at a whopping 19 and 3/4 inches long! God doesn't make mistakes. And he certainly didn't when creating beautiful Lilly. She is so easy tempered and so strong. She's one tough cookie to have gone through all the poking and prodding that she has gone through over the past week. Lilly was born with a few different ailments including jaundice, two holes in her heart, and to top it all off the doctors say she has Down Syndrome. Although she has all those things weighing against her, you would never know by looking at her. She is so much stronger than I am and she's only 5 days old!! For the complete story about Lilly, please visit my brother's blog as I can not do it justice: http://www.thejonesfarm.blogspot.com/ My brother Eric and his wife Mari continue to amaze me with their positive, optimistic outlook. I really admire both of them and know for a fact that God chose the BEST parents for Lilly. She is so lucky to have them and is going to be loved so much, especially by her aunt! I am happy to report that Eric and Mari left the hospital today and were finally able to bring Lilly to her new home! I can't wait to get my hands on her. God doesn't make mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. I've read what you, Rachel, Melissa, and Eric all blogged about Lilly and all of them made me cry. You guys are going to be wonderful aunts to this precious little girl and Eric and Mari are going to be awesome parents! As an aunt who had a 'special' nephew myself, I never looked at Tyler as anything less than perfect. He was who he was and he was perfect in all of our eyes. In fact, despite his congenital heart defects, cerebral palsey, and seizures that ultimately took his life, we never looked at him as a child who wasn't 'normal' and perfect. My family is so blessed to have had him in our lives for four years. Although I know the journey won't be easy with little Lilly, I also know that all of you will love her just the way she is and wouldn't want her any other way. God made her the way she is for a reason and I'm sure she will bless all of your lives just like Tyler blessed mine. I will pray for all of your continued strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah, your story of Tyler saddens me. I know his four years were tough but I'm sure he had some great times with his loving family. Hearing what you all went through makes us feel so fortunate that Lilly is as healthy as she is! We are so lucky to have her in our lives and can't wait to share many great times with her.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!