HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY COLE!!
Cole,
And here a few pictures of him playing with some of his new things! Thank you everyone for coming and for all his cool presents. He has been so busy this week checking out all his new toys!


Hey baby! Wow, what a year!!! I can not believe that you are a year old! I hope that you had the best first year a child could ask for. I love you so so much and my birthday wish for you is to always be happy. I want that more than anything else in the whole wide world. Because if you are happy, I'm happy.
We have definitely had our ups and downs over the year. The hardest part of the year was going on exactly one year ago today! Bringing you home from the hospital was exciting but also very, very scary. The first week you were home was the hardest. You had your days and nights mixed up so we were up all night each night. Figuring out how to make you stop crying was another challenge. Hungry? Tired? Diaper Change needed? Boy o boy do I wish babies could talk! But it didn't take us long to get you on a good schedule.
You were such a good baby. Most of the time if you were crying, you were hungry. So your crying never lasted long. Once you had a full belly you were as happy as can be! I remember the first time you smiled and your first giggle (Jan. 30th, 2008). Those are two days I will forever hold in my memory. Those days were indescribable. It is so funny how you can make me smile when you are smiling. Nothing else matters when you smile. My heart melts. You have some real power over me!
I think that it was when you started walking on September 13th when it really hit me. My little boy is growing up! I am so proud of you. You have easily conquered every milestone with no problem. You are talking already and using sign language. You are so smart! I still can't believe how God has blessed me. I don't know why God chose me to be your mommy but I feel like the luckiest person in the world. I could not ask for a better child. You are perfect!
Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we always will. Know that we will always be here for you. This year has been the best year of my life. My only request is that you don't grow up too fast. I hope you stay my little boy forever. I love you and happy birthday!!
Love,
Mommy
Cole's Birthday Party!
We had a huge blow out birthday party for Cole on Saturday. At least 50 people came to help us celebrate. It was awesome. We had a bunch of children show up to play with Cole and a good variety of family and friends! Cole is so lucky to have so many great people in his life.
The highlight of the night was the cake eating. Cole dug right into his cake! He was not shy about it at all. I think a lot of it got into his mouth but probably the same amount was slung at the children viewing too closely. Once a few people laughed, it was over. He then started just throwing the cake at the kids since everyone thought it was so funny. (Ha, ha... not funny for me who had to clean it up)! 


After cake we opened presents. And there were a ton!!! I think Cole is good to go until he is a teenage! Here are a few pictures: 
At Cole's One year check up he received 3 shots!!! Yep, 3! I made Marshall hold Cole down because I am too big of a cry baby to do it. Here are his stats:
Wt: 22lbs, 6oz
Ht: 30 1/2inches
Head: 46 1/2 cm
After the doctor's appointment we had a surprise for Cole:





This year has flown by. Cole is getting so big. I hate I missed the party. I had to work, yuk. Thinking of all of you.
ReplyDeleteNiki
your post made me cry!! I'm so glad he had such a wonderful birthday! He has such a wonderful mommy! I think he is lucky! I love you girl and congrats on year 1! I know you did an awesome job.
ReplyDeleteThe party was great! Gosh, I can't believe he's already a year!! Time sure does fly. He was soooo cute with that cake!! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like Cole had a fun 1st birthday! I can't believe you've been a Mom for a year now! You're the best Linds!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Lindsay! I have a question. What kind of camera does your sister have. I checked out the pics of her little boy and the ones of your beautiful family and they look sooo good! We were wanting to buy a really good camera and it looks like her camera takes really good pictures! Also, message me your number. Thanks!!!
ReplyDelete