Sunday, August 26, 2012

Our summer vacation

The middle of August was quickly approaching when I came to the realization that summer is almost over for us! Cole is going back to school in September and Marshall's shop is moving in a couple weeks (which translates to me being a single mom for a month). And if I wanted to go on a family vacation, we needed to do it, like, yesterday! So we booked a room at The Dunes Village Resorts in Myrtle Beach and headed off the next day! The first few days we all pretty much looked like this:


We caught up on a bunch of sleep and hardly ever left the room before noon. Marshall and I took turns taking naps and bumming it in front of the tv. It just seems like we are always on the go at home that it was nice just to slow down. But after all that relaxing we did venture out a bit. Broadway at the Beach was just a mile away so we took some time to go there. Here's a picture of Cole receiving Captain Hook's hook (don't ask me where he came up with the idea of asking for that) at Margaritaville.


Marshall and I could not have picked a better resort. Complete with water slides, lazy rivers, pools (yes, all of those are plural), putt-putt, corn hole, volleyball, restaurants, ping pong, wii, daily face painting, daily tie dying activities, this place had it all! And did I mention the ice cream?! Marshall and I frequently lounged under one of these swings while taking a quit ice cream break. We've decided we have to find some of these swings for the lake! Heaven.





Cooper and Cole really enjoyed the playground!


Well, Cole really enjoyed it while Cooper enjoyed walking in circles on the fence surrounding the playground!





Here are a few of my favorite face shots from the week!











Lounging on the beach with daddy!


Cooper loved the water. He was not scared at all which really surprised me. He was constantly pulling me to the water while holding my hands. He kept wanting to go deeper and deeper! I remember Cole being scared of the waves but it didn't seem to bother Cooper at all!


Cole's favorite thing this trip was playing miniature golf. We most have played 6 or 7 times in one week! The boy is obsessed! His second favorite thing was playing with Will (who was staying just a few minutes away). Will's his best friend (Cole is quick to tell everyone this).


Since having kids our vacations are no longer vacations. I would prefer to call it, 'working on location'. It's pretty bad when you go to the beach and come back looking paler than when you left! But it was pretty awesome having all my boys with me for the entire week. I'm the luckiest person ever to be blessed with such a great family and I love spending time with them no matter where we are or what we are doing!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics and so glad you had the opportunity to get away. Mom J.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my Post!!